Tinig sa Pinilakang Tabing: Bright Star





I still don't know how to work with poems.

A poem needs understanding through the senses. The point of dividing into a lake is not immediately to swim to the shore but to be in the lake, to luxuriate in the sensation of water. You do not work the lake out, it is an experience beyond thought. Poetry soothes and emboldens the soul to accept the mystery.



I had such a dream last night. I was floating above the trees with my lips connected to those of a beautiful figure for what seems like an age. Flowery treetops sprung up beneath us and we rested on them with the lightness of a cloud.

Who was the figure?

I must have had my eyes closed because I can't remember.

And yet you remember the treetops.

Not so well as I remember the lips.

Whose lips? Were they my lips?


BRIGHT STAR
Pelikula ni Jane Campion

1 comment: